Home / FAQ
Are learner drivers covered by your policies?

Yes! Learners are covered by our policies as long as you are accompanied by someone who has a valid Driver’s License and you have a current Learner Driver’s License/Learners Permit/or the equivalent in the territory or state you live.

How old do I have to be to purchase car insurance from Austgroup?

You have to be between the ages of 18 – 80 to purchase a policy from us. However, some cars do have higher age minimums.

Can I make changes to my insurance policy?

Sure! Give us a call at 08 9227 9473 during regular business hours. The entire process only takes a few minutes. Please note that the price of your insurance premium could go up or down depending on the changes you make.

Do you insure cars that are used for business?

Of course. Contact us at 08 9227 9473 to find out more about our business packages.

What does the term “car insurance excess” mean?

This refers to the amount a policy holder has to contribute towards the repairs of a vehicle when a claim is made. There are multiple types of excesses the policy holder might be required to pay. If the claim involves multiple events or accidents, the policy holder will have to pay the excess for each event. If you are wondering how much the excess for your policy is, it is on your certificate of insurance.

Is it possible to increase or decrease my car insurance excess?

Yes. You may increase or decrease the excess amount. Keep in mind, your excess is inversely related to your insurance premium. So, if you increase your excess, the cost of your premium goes down, and, conversely, if you decrease your excess, the price of your premium goes up.

What are the excesses associated with Austgroup’s policies?

Besides the basic car insurance excess, we also charge:
• Undeclared young driver excess.
• Age excess.
• Inexperienced and learner driver excess.

What does the tem “agreed value” mean?

This refers to the amount you have agreed with the insurer. It remains valid for the entire term of your policy.

What does the term “market value” mean?

This refers to the amount your car is worth right before a claim is made.

How do I get an insurance certificate for my lender?

That’s easy! Just give us a call at 08 9227 9473, and we’ll have one faxed, emailed, or posted to you immediately.

Help! I’ve been involved in an accident, what should I do?

Glad you asked!

  1. First, make sure you and any other occupants of the car are fine.
  2. Secure your car.
  3. Call the police.
  4. Gather the information of the third party that was involved in the accident. Name, license plate, address and phone number.
  5. Gather as much information from any witnesses around. Collect phone numbers, license plate numbers, email addresses, car make and model information, anything that will help you get a hold of them.
  6. Take as many pictures as you can.
  7. Have your insurance and driver license information handy.

Call 08 9227 9473 during regular business hours to file a claim.

Do I need to know the exact specifications of my home to purchase householder’s insurance?

Absolutely not. We don’t need the exact measurement of your home to issue out a policy. What we do need to know is:

  • The security features of the home – deadlocks, alarms, fence etc.
  • The construction type.
  • The address.
  • The age of the home.
  • The type of roofing materials – wood, tiles, etc.
  • Any household claims you’ve made over the past five years
How much should I insure my home for?

While our specialists are always willing to give you advice about home insurance policies, we can’t give you advice about the replacement cost of your home. It’s up to you to determine how much your home and its contents are worth. Generally speaking, the amount of your home insurance policy should cover the cost to rebuild your home, including clearing debris, in the event it is completely destroyed. If you are having problems estimating the cost of rebuilding, please contact an architect or builder.

Are there any discounts for combined policies?

Yes. When you purchase more than one policy from us, you get a multiple policy discount.

Can I reduce my home insurance premium?

Yes you can. You just need to increase the amount of your excess. The higher your excess, the lower your premium is. The inverse is also true.

What does the term “home insurance excess” mean?

This refers to the amount of money you are required to contribute when you file a claim.

How do I find out what the amount of my excess is?

Your excess amount is on your insurance certificate. You can also call us at 08 9227 9473 during business hours to find out what your excess is.

I just got divorced/separated from a partner who is listed on my householder’s insurance policy. What do I do?

Please give us a call at 08 9227 9473. We’ll discuss your needs confidentially and make any necessary changes to your policy.

Do you provide insurance policies for tenants?

Yes we do. However, our renter’s insurance policies only cover the contents of your unit/or home, not the repair costs of damage to the building.

What are strata titles?

This refers to a title that is broken down into lots with individual titles. It is typically used for lots with multiple duplexes, condos, or villas.

I’m getting ready to move, what should I do?

If you’re planning to move, give us a call at 08 9227 9473 and let us know the details of your new home and the scheduled date so that your new home is covered. Please keep in mind that your premium may change given the location and price of your new home.

I need an insurance certificate for my financier, what do I do?

If you need to provide an insurance certificate to a financier or other lender, give us a call at 08 9227 9473, and we’ll fax, email, or post a copy to them.

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, as soon as possible.